Social network demographics to notify your brand’s technique in 2020
User demographic statistics for any social media network are a vital piece of information for any marketing strategy. Simply like how you need to know who uses your services and products, knowing who’s on what platform aids you in researching, marketing and marketing decisions. As the social area is constantly changing, it’s useful to understand updated statistics as you review your choices and tailor material to the way your audience utilizes various platforms.
Click below to leap to the social media network you want to find more group information on:
Why does demographic data matter?
Let’s say you are feeling respectable about your current social media marketing method and you’re aiming to explore more networks. Among the first steps you’ll take is to research who’s already on those brand-new platforms. You want to ensure that people within your ideal target audience are really getting involved actively there.
Social media demographics help you establish marketing personas and understand your audience in greater information. If you’re wanting to broaden your audience, such as trying to reach Generation Z, you can utilize current market data to determine which networks you can focus your content energy on.
After 15 years of operation, Facebook is still among the most utilized social media platforms in the US. Facebook ranks 2nd in platform use after YouTube. According to Bench Research Study, 69% of United States grownups use Facebook.
For those who & do use Facebook, 74%see the
site a minimum of as soon as a day. In terms of everyday usage, this number is higher than Instagram’s and Snapchat’s own everyday users. Facebook age & gender demographics Other than for those aged 65
and older, most of Americans in various age groups use Facebook.
- Nevertheless, it is very important to keep in mind that use amongst teenagers have dropped in favor of YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
- . The network also leans more towards women
- with 75 %of females and 63% of males using the platform.
- The breakdown of demographics by age
include: 76 %of 18– 24 years of age utilize Facebook 84%of 25– 20 year olds use Facebook 79%of 30– 49 year olds utilize Facebook 68%of 50– 64 years of age utilize Facebook 46 %of 65+years of age use Facebook place demographics Facebook’s user base and reach is worldwide making it extremely easy for numerous brand names, even those with an international social presence, to discover their target audience on the network. At 269 million users, India has the biggest user base of any country. After that is 183 million users in the US and 123 million users in Indonesia. In the United States, the local breakdown includes: 73% of those living in a city location usage Facebook 69
66%of those living in a rural
- area use Facebook education demographics 61%of those with
- high school education or less use Facebook 75%of those with some college education usage Facebook 74%of those with more than college education use Facebook earnings demographics 69% of those earning less than $30k usage Facebook
- 72% of those making $30k– 74,999 use Facebook
- 74% of those making more than $75k use Facebook
While Instagram continues to increase in appeal, its daily login is still 2nd to Facebook. Sixty-three percent of Instagram users login at least day-to-day while 74% of Facebook users login at least daily. These 2 patterns have actually been fairly the same given that 2018.
Instagram age & gender demographics According to Statista, 35% of United States teenagers rate Instagram as their favorite social network, 2nd just to Snapchat. In regards to gender, 43% of ladies utilize Instagram
47%of 30– 49 year olds utilize Instagram
23%of 50– 64 years of age utilize Instagram 8%of 65 +years of age use Instagram area demographics Instagram is one of the most popular social media networks on a global level. The United States has the most users at 116 million, followed by India at 73 million and Brazil at 72 million. This global existence makes the network interesting both brands and influencers alike. In the United States, the local breakdown includes: 33 %of those residing in an urban location utilize Instagram
Instagram education demographics
- 33% of those with high school education or less usage Instagram
- 37% of those with some college education usage Instagram
- 43% of those with more than college education usage Instagram
Instagram earnings demographics
- 35% of those earning less than $30k use Instagram
- 39% of those making $30k– 74,999 usage Instagram
- 42% of those making more than $75k usage Instagram
Usage of Twitter among US grownups is lower compared to other networks according to Seat’s report. In the US, 22% of adults use Twitter. Twitter’s format is perfect for timely material, suggesting the platform continues to be popular for news and client service.
Twitter age & gender demographics The gender breakdown for Twitter users among US adults shows that 24% of men utilize Twitter while 21%of women use the platform. Within the platform
- on a worldwide basis, the breakdown is 66%males
- and 34 %females. The breakdown of demographics by
- age include: 44 %of 18– 24 years of age use Twitter 31
- % of 25– twenty years olds use Twitter
- 26 %of 30– 49 year olds use Twitter
17%of 50– 64 year olds use Twitter 7
%of 65 +year olds utilize Twitter location demographics The majority of Twitter users are outside the US. With a total of 330 million international regular monthly users, 262 million are outside the US. It’s frequently utilized for breaking news from all over the world.
However, the US does have the highest variety of Twitter users. If your company has an interest in investing more in Twitter to reach those audiences, make certain your Twitter marketing strategies are fully developed.
In the United States, the regional breakdown includes:
- 26% of those living in a metropolitan location use Twitter
- 22% those residing in a rural location use Twitter
- 13% of those residing in a backwoods use Twitter
Twitter education demographics
- 13% of those with high school education or less usage Twitter
- 24% of those with some college education use Twitter
- 32% of those with more than college education usage Twitter
Twitter earnings demographics
- 20% of those earning less than $30k usage Twitter
- 20% of those making $30k– 74,999 usage Twitter
- 31% of those making more than $75k use Twitter
LinkedIn demographics prefer those with professional careers. Maybe reflecting the hectic schedules of this more specific niche audience, daily use is less regular than Facebook and Instagram. Only 9% of US users visit LinkedIn more than when a day. Twelve percent go to day-to-day and 23% check out numerous times a week.
LinkedIn age & gender demographics The percentage of men and females using LinkedIn is relatively similar. As a primarily professional networking social media platform, it makes good sense that the platform would reflect the present workforce. In the US, 29% of adult guys and 24%of adult women use LinkedIn. The breakdown of demographics by age include
- : 17% of 18– 24 years of age use LinkedIn
- 44% of 25– 20 year olds utilize LinkedIn
- 37% of 30– 49 year olds use LinkedIn
- 24% of 50– 64 year olds use LinkedIn
- 11% of 65+ year olds utilize LinkedIn
LinkedIn place demographics
By a broad margin, the US has the highest variety of users on the platform. With 160 million users in the US, the next closest is India at 61 million.
In the United States, the regional breakdown includes:
- 33% of those living in an urban location usage LinkedIn
- 30% those living in a suburb usage LinkedIn
- 10% of those living in a backwoods use LinkedIn
LinkedIn education demographics
- 9% of those with high school education or less usage LinkedIn
- 26% of those with some college education use LinkedIn
- 51% of those with more than college education usage LinkedIn
LinkedIn income demographics
- 10% of those making less than $30k usage LinkedIn
- 26% of those making $30k– 74,999 usage LinkedIn
- 49% of those making more than $75k use LinkedIn
With more than 300 million individuals around the world using Pinterest every month, Pinterest marketing might be the next major technique you’ll wish to invest in. With a visual-first focus, this platform is perfect for highlighting products and inspiring or aspirational material.
Pinterest age & gender demographics Pinterest usership currently skews more heavily towards ladies. In the United States, 15%of guys use Pinterest
27%of 50– 64 years of age use Pinterest
15%of 65+years of age utilize Pinterest place demographics Pinterest likewise has a large worldwide user base. According to Statista, the network boasts 322 million global users and 87 million month-to-month active ones in the US
. In the US, the regional breakdown consists of:
- 30% of those residing in a metropolitan location usage Pinterest
- 30% those living in a rural area use Pinterest
- 26% of those living in a rural area usage Pinterest
Pinterest education demographics
- 19% of those with high school education or less usage Pinterest
- 32% of those with some college education usage Pinterest
- 38% of those with more than college education use Pinterest
Pinterest earnings demographics
- 18% of those earning less than $30k use Pinterest
- 27% of those making $30k– 74,999 use Pinterest
- 41% of those making more than $75k use Pinterest
Compared to other social media networks that were taken a look at, Snapchat appeals more to more youthful users. Towards completion of 2019, the network reported 210 million everyday active users on its site. According to Statista, Snapchat was found to be the most crucial social media network for 41% of teenagers.
Snapchat age & gender demographics Snapchat’s usage
- by gender is an even divided in between genders: 24 %of men using Snapchat
- 24% of ladies utilizing Snapchat
- The breakdown of demographics by age consist of: 73
- % of 18– 24 years of age utilize Snapchat
- 47% of 25– twenty years olds use Snapchat
25%of 30– 49 years of age use Snapchat 9
%of 50– 64 years of age use Snapchat 3%of 65+year olds use Snapchat location demographics Like other networks, Snapchat sees global usage however it has the most users in the United States at 97.55 million. Coming second is France at 20.4 million users and then third is 18.8 million users in India.
In the US, the local breakdown includes:
- 29% of those living in a metropolitan location usage Snapchat
- 20% those living in a suburb use Snapchat
- 20% of those living in a rural location usage Snapchat
Snapchat education demographics
- 22% of those with high school education or less use Snapchat
- 29% of those with some college education use Snapchat
- 20% of those with more than college education use Snapchat
Snapchat income demographics
- 27% of those making less than $30k usage Snapchat
- 26% of those making $30k– 74,999 use Snapchat
- 22% of those making more than $75k use Snapchat
YouTube has extensive use among all United States grownups, ranking it higher than Facebook. In the US, 73% of adults utilize the video streaming platform. For those who do use the network, 38% of them reported logging in a number of times a day. As video content continues to take control of on social, developing your YouTube existence is a top priority simply like any other social channel.
YouTube age & gender demographics YouTube’s usage by gender leans more towards males with
- : 78% of males utilizing YouTube
- 68% of females utilizing YouTube
The breakdown of demographics by age consist of:
- 90% of 18– 24 year olds use YouTube
- 93% of 25– 20 year olds utilize YouTube
- 87% of 30– 49 years of age utilize YouTube
- 70% of 50– 64 years of age use YouTube
- 38% of 65+ years of age use YouTube
YouTube area demographics
In the US, the regional breakdown consists of:
- 77% of those living in an urban area use YouTube
- 74% those residing in a rural area usage YouTube
- 64% of those residing in a rural area use YouTube
YouTube education demographics
- 64% of those with high school education or less use YouTube
- 79% of those with some college education usage YouTube
- 80% of those with more than college education use YouTube
YouTube earnings demographics
- 68% of those earning less than $30k use YouTube
- 75% of those making $30k– 74,999 usage YouTube
- 83% of those making more than $75k use YouTube
It is essential to note that this information is generalized throughout countless users, and acts as a starting point for a brand name to find out who can be reached most quickly through which platforms. If you do discover that you desire to broaden your reach, we suggest looking into the group data from your own social existence to see if it differs from the average. What other demographic information do you find interesting to utilize? Follow us on Twitter @SproutSocial to go over more or to discover how to plan with your newly discovered data.
This post Social network demographics to notify your brand’s strategy in 2020 originally appeared on Sprout Social.
This content was originally published here.